Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hit the Road, Jack

The car is packed, the music is selected, and the directions have been printed. Tomorrow begins the best part of my summer - the great eastern tour, weeks where I live out of my car and drive around more easterly states spending time with those I love. There will familial fun with the clan in Indiana, gatherings of the roommates and the Screwballs in Kent, and of course, lots of time soaking in everything and everyone that rocks in New York. The excitement has me feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve - don't know how I'll sleep tonight.

For your viewing pleasure, I'm planning to keep a record of the adventure here in the blog, "stealing" a format from a writing project classmate. I loved the style when she started it, so I'm excited to try for myself. It gives me the chance to use a slightly different writing voice, and I think it lends itself well to documenting an extended trip. All the better to entertain you with.

No comments: