Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Beginning

So, as you can clearly see, I have started a blog. It's something I have been contemplating for awhile. Today's class gave me the last nudge I needed, but attempting the cool new thing we did today is not the only reason for this most recent foray into the technology world. There are several benfits to my blog:

1. It keeps me writing. There needs to be more writing in my life beyond IEPs and emails.
2. It allows me an easy way to keep those physically far away informed on the minor things and random thoughts going on with me. Not that I will use it in lieu of phone calls and personalized emails. Just as a supplement pertaining to the more random, everday side of life. Living alone affords me less opportunity to share those things.
3. It is an outlet for the running commentary that often goes on in my head.

Whether or not I will be able to keep it up, or keep it through this blog site, or post on a regular basis, is yet to be seen. There is no set schedule or topic for my blog, hence the title: Here, there, and back again. At any given moment it can go in any direction it wants topic wise. I also like the duality of the title, when you look at the fact that "here" and "there" are always changing, depending on where you're sitting. There's also the aspect of "here" and "there" in terms of time, and space, as well as location. It's multifacted, like me. Not a bad beginning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the name of your blog.. I was going to comment on that before I had read about the meaning behind the title. I would have to say it is one of the better blog titles I have seen! Nice job, and good luck with the blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing this...we don't get to talk too much so this is a way for me to keep up with you

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah haven't checked my e-mail in a while so yeah hope to see you soon!! =)