Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

As 2008 draws to a close, I feel the need to take stock of what happened because, let's face it, a year is a long time, and a lot can happen. I should give the year, that 366 days of my life, its due. Big events or small, it certainly wasn't "nothing much" (as I'm prone to say when people ask what's going on with me). In 2008 I...

...moved to a new home in Columbia.
...started living with people after 4 years of being on my own.
...earned my master's degree.
...went to Atlanta.
...saw the new-to-me WWII memorial in D.C.
...attended 6 weddings.
...hosted 12 wine club gatherings.
...planned, choreographed, and directed one of the greatest signed rock 'n roll shows of all time.
...logged a couple thousand miles on the car.
...saw Avenue Q, Wicked and Sweeney Todd.
...made new friends.
...started teaching high school English.
....laughed with my grandmother.
...watched good kids grow up and move on.
...went on a date.
...celebrated the end of an era.
...watched the fireworks over Jacobs Field.
...had long talks with good friends.
...spent a day alone in Phoenix.
...finally met the producer's boyfriend.
...visited 2 zoos.
...saw 2 camels not living in zoos.
...cried in joy and sorrow.
...brought the piano back in my life.
...laid out at the lake.
...flew out of a canoe.
...rappelled for the first time.
...bought pants that fit right.
...paid homage to the summer movie gods.
...made mistakes.
...hugged the people I love.

Not bad, I say. Not bad at all.

No comments: